On October 7, I participated in a “Will Digital Kill the TV Spot?” panel at the National Press Club. It turned out to be a great conversation! Here’s a quick recap of key points from the presentation:
- Digital isn’t replacing TV – they’re growing together.
- The spend gap between TV and digital ads is narrowing, but spend is still growing for both! They will continue to coexist.
- TV and digital ad campaigns need to complement each other.
- Don’t take an “either/or” approach: think holistically about your advertising plans.
- Consumers’ focus is often divided between TVs, smartphones, and tablets—all at the same time. Amplify your messaging by playing to the strengths of each medium.
- Many tools exist to integrate TV and digital campaigns.
- TV Targeting: reach TV audiences online to extend your reach or frequency.
- Online video: maximize your investment in your TV creative, and add interactive elements for online audiences.
- Cross-screen measurement: new technologies enable you to measure reach, frequency, and audience overlap across both TV and digital.
- Integrated campaigns will only become more important in the future
- Look to emerging technologies such as wearables, connected TV, digital out-of-home.
Have more questions about the presentation or how integrated campaigns can best work for you? Let us know!