Last Updated: August 1, 2019
We use in our Services https://www.undertone.com/ (“Site“) and through advertisements we deliver through our services (the “Advertising Services” and together with the Site, the “Services”) cookies and similar files or technologies to automatically collect and store information about your computer, device, and Services usage, in order to improve their performance and enhance your user experience. We use the general term “cookies” in this policy to refer to these technologies and all such similar technologies that collect information automatically when you are using our Services where this policy is posted. You can find out more about cookies and how to control them in the information below.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are computer files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and/or service. Cookies can then be sent back to the originating website or service on each subsequent visit, or to another website or services that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website and/or services.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Services before or whether you are a new visitor.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are small graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited or used our Services. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, to improve Services performance and to measure the success of email marketing and advertising campaigns. In most instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function, and therefore declining cookies prevents them from functioning.
If you don’t want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies as described further below. If you turn off cookies, web beacon and other technologies will still detect your visits or use to our Site; however, they will not be associated with information otherwise stored in cookies.
Third parties may drop cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Services. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these to us.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Services;
- understand the total number of visitors and users of our Services on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Services and to continually improve it; and
- customize and enhance your online experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us in connection with the Services can be considered ‘essential cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, and ‘analytics and performance cookies’ We’ve set out some further information below as following:
- Cookies necessary for essential purposes – These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies we will not be able to provide services that you require, such as transactional pages and secure login accounts
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Services to you. These cookies allow us to provide you with our services in the way in which you have required, as you continue to use or come back to our Services. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on the homepage in order to receive a localized information;
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- Show you when you are logged in; and
- Store accessibility options.
- Performance / Analytics Cookies – We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Services is accessed, used, or is performing. We do this in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Services. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Better understand how visitors interact with our Services so that we can improve how we present our content;
- Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage and our advertising units;
- Collect information about Services visitors and users such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
- Determine the number of unique users of the Services;
- Improve the Services by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
- Marketing – We use marketing cookies to deliver many types of targeted digital marketing and advertisements. We do this in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate, to continually improve the Services. The cookies store user data and behavior information, which allows advertising services to target audience according to variables. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Observe the Services performance and generate retargeting (for example, ads retargeting).
- To limit the number of times you see an advertisement, or to customize advertising across the Services and make it more relevant to you.
- Maintain and improve the Services and our products
How to control or delete cookies
To opt-out, please use our opt-out tool. You may also opt-out of web IBA conducted by Undertone and other member companies of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) by visiting the NAI website. Or you may opt-out of IBA by Undertone and other member companies of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) by visiting the DAA website .
In addition, most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings and learn how to use them, please consult the “Help” function of your browser, or the documentation published online for your particular browser type and version.
The following pages have information on how to change your cookies settings for the different browsers:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari and iOS
- Mobile Devices
Third Party Cookies
When using and/or accessing our Services, you may be directed to other services and websites for such activities as surveys, to make payment in currency other than U.S. dollars, or for job applications. In addition, we may use third parties These third party websites and services may use their own cookies. We do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites and services you visit, even if you are directed to them from our Services.
Need More Information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following link useful:
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.